Religious Studies OCR (H573)
WHAT THIS COURSE OFFERS YOU
- You will develop thinking skills, and the ability to analyse and evaluate scholarly articles and evidence.
- You will learn to apply theories to practical, moral and ethical dilemmas such as abortion.
- You will learn how to grapple with complex issues and questions such as the existence of God and sexual ethics.
- You will deepen your theological knowledge and begin to create links between religious belief and the philosophies that shape the world.
- You’ll enjoy this course if….
- …you question why?
- …you seek answers to the unanswerable.
- …you struggle to reconcile the problem of evil with an omnibenevolent God.
- …you recognise that decisions are not straight forward and apply logic to solve problems.
- 8 GCSE passes at G4 or higher.
- G6 or above in English Language and English Literature.
- G6 or above in GCSE Religious Studies.
ASSESSMENT / CORE MODULES
- Philosophy of Religion
- Ethics & the social application of ethics
- Developments in Religious Thought (Christianity)
HOW WILL I BE TAUGHT?
- Through a wide range of written resources and ICT, using a range of methods:
- group work and role play
- Students go on to study a range of subjects combined with Philosophy (Psychology,
- Mathematics, Business, History, etc.), Theology, Law, Medicine, and Social Sciences.
- There are also careers in law, business, teaching, medicine and social work. No door is closed.