French / Spanish
French / Spanish AQA (7652) / (7692)
WHAT THIS COURSE OFFERS YOU
- Speaking and understanding another language is an invaluable skill which can be useful in many ways throughout life. Additionally, the employability rate for a student with an A-level language (or degree level) is 42% higher than a monolingual student.
- You’ll enjoy this course if….
- …you have a passion for the language and want to learn more.
- …you are motivated to spend time watching films, reading newspapers and learning more about other cultures and societies.
- 5 GCSE passes at G4 or higher.
- G6 or above in GCSE French / Spanish
ASSESSMENT / CORE MODULES
- Paper 1 – Listening, Reading and Writing (50%)
- Reading, listening, and translation both ways – based on themes
- Paper 2 – Writing (20%)
- Two essay questions in French or Spanish on set texts and film
- Paper 3 – Speaking (30%)
- 25 minutes based n (i) an individual research project. and
(ii) discussion of a sub-theme
- Social issues and trends
- Political and artistic culture
- Literary texts and films
HOW WILL I BE TAUGHT?
- As well as topic-based lessons with your teacher you will have time to perfect your listening skills, and you will have weekly grammar lessons.
- Throughout the course you will have the opportunity to go on a work experience placement in France or Spain.
- Your teacher will set you individual and personal targets to help you to improve and to make sure that you reach your full potential.
- Languages open doors to new cultures, friendships, travel, and jobs.
- There are many careers that are linked to studying languages such as teaching, journalism, translation, sales & marketing, travel & tourism, working for the Foreign Office, interpreting, and banking.