Year 9 Options 2022
Over the next few weeks you will be asked to choose the subjects which you will study from the beginning of year 10. You should make this decision with advice from adults, such as a parent or carer, and your teachers.
You need to understand:
- what your options for year 10 are
- what limitations there may be
- what your options are once you leave Maria Fidelis
Once you have made your options and started year 10 you will study fewer subjects than you do now. There are all sorts of reasons why you may choose to study a subject in greater depth, or indeed not to study a subject any more.
Some good reasons for choosing to continue to study a subject are...
- it plays to your strengths, or which you have a natural ability in
- it makes your learning more enjoyable because it is relevant to your interests.
- It prepares pupils for your future aspirations, such as college, 6th form, university, or a specific career.
Some poor reasons for choosing to study or not to study a subject are…
- what your friends are planning to do
- what you think will be easiest
- who you think the teacher will be
Some things you should think about are …
- Do you like the subject?
- Do you find it interesting?
- Does it fit into your future plans?
- What could it lead to?
- How is it assessed?
- How many exams are there?
- Do you have the skills required
Choose your options by clicking on this link ...