Working with Us
Maria Fidelis is a welcoming and supportive community. We value the professional autonomy of high-performing staff and understand the different approaches different departments may need to take. We make managing workload a high priority. All meetings, Parents’ and Open Events happen on a Thursday and staff are free to leave the site earlier on all other evenings, providing standards of marking and preparation are maintained.
We are forward-looking and progressive with many opportunities for professional development and sharing practice. Maria Fidelis belongs to networks within Camden, but also in other boroughs including Westminster, Kensington and Chelsea and with other high performing Catholic Schools in the Westminster Diocese.
- Teacher of Psychology/Social Sciences
- Learning Support Assistant Vacancies
Maria Fidelis is situated in a fantastic location between Euston and Kings Cross Station, which makes it very easy to reach. The British Library, Francis Crick Institute, Wellcome Trust, UCL, SOAS, LSE and Central St. Martin’s School of Art are all within a five-minute walk of the school site; the school therefore enjoys extracurricular links with several institutions, many of which offer exciting opportunities not only for our pupils, but also professional development activities for our teachers. Partnerships with City firms such as Deloitte enrich the curriculum and also allow our staff to keep ’in touch’ with the world outside of education.
Key benefits – health and wellbeing
- A commitment to managing workload;
- Cycle to work Scheme, with savings of between 32% and 42% on the standard retail price of a new bike;
- Corporate rates for membership of a gym - GLL – Better Leisure. Camden’s award-winning leisure centre is just 5 minutes away and boasts a gym, swimming pool, library and cafes;
- Free hearing tests, eye tests and health checks.
Key benefits – financial
- An interest-free season ticket/travel-card loan scheme;
- A Childcare Voucher scheme which can be used to pay for registered childcare for children up to 16 years old;
- A collection of staff discount and cash-back deals available every day of the year, on shops and health clubs, travel and insurance.
We are a diverse school community in terms of both staff and students and therefore welcome applications from anyone who supports our ethos.