Year 10 Computer Science
All home school work that students are expected to complete for Computer Science during the school closure has been uploaded to Google Classroom.
Students should check their LgFL email inbox for an email from Miss Hammond for the access link to weekly lessons. If students have any problems in accessing their email or any of their home school work or are in need of support working through the resources, please email email@example.com.
Week 1 – Types of computer networks and Pros v Cons; Heathcote Chapter 8 Functions – worked examples and questions
Week 2 – LAN, WAN and topology; W3Schools Python tutorials and interactive exercises
Week 3 – Network protocols; Heathcote Chapter 8 Functions – exercise 1 - 4
Week 4 – Network layers and packet switching; Heathcote Chapter 9 Reading and Writing Files – Worked examples 1 – 6 and questions 1 – 3.
Important note: For all programming homework tasks, students should comment their code with the task number, and programming techniques used, print-screen this on Word document. All work must be emailed to their teacher, each Wednesday of school term time.
In addition weekly lessons being issued through LGfL and Google Classrooms, students should also continue to make use of the wealth of online resources to support and deepen their knowledge and enjoyment in the subject.
GCSE Computer Science Revision Websites
- YouTube CS Tutor >> OCR GCSE Computer Science Revision
- Computer Systems (Paper 1) Specimen paper walk-through
- Computational Thinking, Algorithms and Programming (Paper 2) Specimen paper walk-through
- W3School Learn Python (This website provides a wealth Python programming tutorials and interactive exercises.)
- Seneca Learning (This website allows pupils to sign in and access a variety of multi-media resources especially targeted at the OCR CSc exam.)
- Craigndave.org/videos/ (The best designed short videos endorsed by Heathcote, one of OCR Chief examiner for CSc and an author of GCSE and A Level textbooks.)
- Teach ICT for Computer Science (Pupils have their own individual login details to access theory resources for the full GCSE syllabus, videos, interactive quizzes and flashcards designed for the OCR course.)
- BBC BiteSize CSc Keystage 4 (This website has revision quizzes at the end of each topic.)
- Interactive Python - Pupils can code anywhere as long as they have internet access!