Our Learning Support Department works closely with parents, teachers and pupils to put together an individual support plan to help overcome any barriers to learning students may face on their journey towards adult life.
A young person has learning difficulties if they:
- have a significantly greater difficulty in learning than the majority of children of the same age
- have a disability which prevents or hinders the child from making use of educational facilities of a kind provided for children of the same age within mainstream classes.
Pupils’ personalised support plans include support in the form of:
- Invitation to attend extra-curricular clubs or intervention groups
- Targeted support from support teachers or teaching assistants in lessons
- Support from external professionals including Speech and Language Therapy Team, CAMHS and Occupational Therapy Team
- Support from an Educational Psychologist
- Exam Access Arrangements